- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 200g boneless chicken
- breast/thigh, sliced
- 400ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 400ml coconut milk
- 100g rice noodles
- 1 lime, juiced
- In a large pan heat the oil, garlic, ginger, and Thai red curry paste. Fry for 2—3 mins, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken and cook for a couple of minutes,just until the chicken turns opaque.
- Add the chicken stock, fish sauce, and coconut milk. Bring to a boil. At this point, taste the broth for salt and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Pour the boiling soup over the noodles in your serving bowls, add a squeeze of lime juice and your garnishes, and serve. The noodles will be ready to eat in a couple of minutes.
- Alternatively, you can add the noodles to the boiling broth to cook them, and then divide among serving bowls.
- Garnish with sliced red onion, sliced red chillis and coriander.