- 4 chicken legs
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp oregano
- 4 tbsp tamari (soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- A little chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Chop the butternut into thin wedges, discarding the seeds and skin.
- Place the wedges in a large roasting tray with the chicken legs.
- Mix together the tamari, olive oil, crushed garlic, oregano in a small bowl and pour over the chicken and butternut, turning to coat all sides.
- Grind over some black pepper, make sure the chicken is skin side up and place at the top of the oven.
- De-seed the red pepper and chop into strips. After the chicken has been in the oven for 10 minutes, add the red pepper, pushing the strips down into the juices. Return to the oven for 20 minutes.
- By then the squash should be soft and the chicken skin brown and crispy. Take the tray out of the oven, scatter lemon zest and chopped parsley.